A Girl in OZ

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The Past Few Days

River at Mossman Gorge

I am completely done with Coastal Forest Ecosystems! On Saturday I have my final for the rainforest portion and Sunday were the presentation and my final for wetland systems. Monday was a free day, but I didn't do a whole lot. We had our "celebration" on Sunday night, so everyone was pretty tired from the night before. It was crazy...skinny dipping in the pool, flame twirling, and other drunken craziness (so I have heard...I fell asleep at 11pm). Tuesday was a little more exciting. We had a hike planned, pretty much an all-day one. We got a late start...8:45, because we had lost the brochure for the trail we were taking and didn't know where to go. An hour of the morning was spent trying to find the Parks and Wildlife Services office to get the info on this said hike. Unfortunately, everywhere we went had no clue about this trail. Finally, we decide to go to the Dreamtime Centre at Mossman Gorge and see what they knew. They told us that this trail was really overgrown, lots of bugs and stinging trees, and basically you needed a guide to go up it. Scratch. We ended up spending the day at Mossman Gorge, did a mini hike, and played in the river a bit. I finished reading Kite Runner (great book) and had a lovely day. Hopefully, tomorrow we can actually pull together a real hike! Today we are going to the low isles to snorkel and be tourists...Friday we leave my beloved rainforest!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home