A Girl in OZ

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Koala and More

Me petting a koala at the sanctuary

So, today is my second day in Oz. I flew in on Air New Zealand, which has a very nice flight to Auckland, NZ. I had my own personal tv screen and watched Over The Hedge, Thank You For Smoking, and 99% of The Great Wonderful (we had to land). I had two meals in the middle of my night, which was discombobulating. Then, 24 hours later I land in Brisbane.

I got in yesterday morning and we spent a lovely day wandering around Indooroopilly, had lunch, and lazed about. For the week our group in staying at the Forest Lodge Apartments. We had a little barbeque and then I crashed at 9pm! Today was a little more productive. I woke up easily at 6am, got lost going for a short run, and then got ready for the day. We hung out at a cafe for a bit; there are lots of cute ones here. Then, we took a bus to the Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary. It may have been worth the price, but I'm not sure. I got to pet a Koala and a Kangaroo, though. Now, I'm just hanging out until the dinner bus comes to pick us up at 5:30. We get a free weekend next one, too, so I will probably check out the city next weekend.

-Signing Off

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home