Les Examens et Le Ballet
How they celebrate the holidays in Australia...it's a wombat, BTW
Our Ballet Group!
- I came to Brisbane, I saw Brisbane, and I have almost conquered Brisbane
- We had a week of Australian Studies lectures
- We had three days of Coastal Resource Management diagram making
- I wrote two papers for Australian Studies; One about Australian identity and the other about Americanization of TV.
- I took finals on Saturday and Sunday!!!
- I finished my Targeted Research Project paper on Tuesday
- I finished my TRP presentation on Wednesday - WOAH! I just finished the quarter!
Then yesterday I had a nice free day. I went to the Gallery of Modern Art (GOMA), which was fun but not terribly interesting. They did have a whole exhibit on the long march in China. I spent two hours on Queen Street unsuccessfully getting people presents :(. Then I met up with my ballet group to catch a quick dinner (mediocre Indian takeaway) and then go see Romeo and Juliet! It was really good; the costumes were beautiful, the sets were amazing, and the dancing was great! It was a lovely evening.
Now, I'm just hanging out. I'll go to the markets tomorrow, but I have to pack everything up today and get ready for New Zealand!